Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I’ve been on a mission to explore recipes that incorporate beets as I find this veggie to be very universal. You can use them in savory dishes and due to their high natural sugar content they are perf for dessert recipes.
One concoction that beets seamlessly seem to compliment is Red Velvet recipes!!
They add color, enhance texture, and in my opinion, improve the flavor !!
This recipe was inspired by my love for beets and craving something that was festive for Valentine’s Day!
If you love red velvet, love cheesecake, and brownies are your cup of tea..
Then you’ll be all about this recipe for Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Made from Beets
Uses coconut palm sugar instead of sugar
Great for entertaining
Great for Valentines Day!
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 8 tablespoons unsalted vegan Earth Balance butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup Better Body Foods coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup Navitas Naturals Cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar mixed with 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 Follow Your Heart vegan eggs mixed w/ ice cold almond milk
- 2 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 2 small roasted beets - Peel, Roast on 350 degree in aluminum foil for 30 minutes, slice, pureed
- 1 (8-oz.) package Follow Your Heart cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Follow Your Heart Egg mixed with ice cold almond milk (less egg the better as it can make the cream cheese take on a beige hue)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Use a baking pan, 8x8 or larger with coconut oil or butter
- In a large bowl, combine the melted 8 tablespoons butter with the coconut sugar, cacao powder, vanilla, roasted/pureed beets, and salt, stirring to combine. Then stir in the white vinegar.
- Whisk together the vegan eggs in a small bowl, and then stir them into the brownie batter. Fold in the flour, just until combined, then pour the batter into the prepared pan, reserving 1/4 cup of the batter for the topping.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer/electric mixer, blend together the Follow Your Heart cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 Follow Your Heart egg until well combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the brownie batter then top the cream cheese with dollops of the remaining brownie batter. Using a sharp knife or toothpick, swirl the cream cheese together with the dollops of brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely before removing from the pan then slicing and serving.