Strawberry Rhubarb Jalapeno Parfaits
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If there is something I’m all about, its strawberry, rhubarb, and anything with jalaepno! Put them together, and you have pure foodie magic!
Another thing I’m enamored with is desserts that offer great presentation and no skill! There is something amazing about simple desserts that look as though they took hours to make.
What I personally love about this particular recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Jalapeño parfaits is that its effortless, has minimal ingredients, the majority of the sweetness derived naturally from the fruit, and its creamy, sweet, and packs a little bit of a kick with a hint of lime!
If you love strawberry & rhubarb, coco whip and anything with a little bit of fire..
You have to try this recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Jalapeño Parfaits!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for enterataining
Perf summer treat!
Can be made without jalapeño to cater to kids!
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2/3 cup raspberries (optional)
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2tsp arrow root or corn starch
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 4tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lime
- Syrup: In a saucepan combine the sliced rhubarb, strawberries, jalapeño, sugar, and lemon juice. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the fruit releases it’s juices. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Combine 1 tbsp of water with the corn starch or arrowroot and add to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the stove, remove jalapeños, let cool, and store in a jar in the fridge until ready to use.
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x8 square baking pan or bread pan with coconut oil. To make the crust, cream together vegan butter and confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer or a food processor until light and fluffy. Add the flour, and beat until the dough begins to clump together.
- Press your dough into a greased baking pan and press evenly into the bottom. To ease the process use a piece of wax paper to press the dough. Poke a few holes in the top of the dough with a fork, then bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is light brown in color. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool while you make the filling.
- Coconut whip: Place the solid coconut in the bowl of a standing mixer with whisk attachment. Mix until smooth, add the vanilla lime juice, and gradually add the powdered sugar. Place in fridge until serving time.
- Once cooled crumble the crust and place into cups. Top with coco whip and the Strawberry Rhubarb Jalapeño puree. Top with additional whipped cream and lime zest before serving.