Vegan Black Bean S’mores Brownies
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Since receiving negative responses to the use of sugar in recipes I decided to take a step back and come back to the basics with vegan cooking. I don’t mind sugar or white flour in recipes, but that’s because I consume things in moderation. However, I have to keep in mind that others may not. With that being said, I’m going to be integrating alternative flours and sugar options for you to use in future recipes. Although they may not be accessible, affordable, or practical for some, I want to cater to those who are trying to explore vegan recipe sans white flour and sugar!
For countless years I heard about “black bean brownies”, however I never gave it a go. I tried sweet potato, loved that, but then I finally gave in and took the plunge
and the results?! Phenom.
What’s perf about utilizing black beans in recipes is that they are accessible, affordable, packed with protein, easy to use and create the perf buttery soft texture!
What I love about this recipe is it’s a handful of ingredients, rich, decadent, uses no white flour or sugar, doesn’t even need a vegan egg, has aesthetic appeal, perf for any season, you can use the base of the recipe and add in whatever you like if you don’t want s’mores, and non vegan approved!
If you love seamless vegan recipes that you can whip up in a flash, you need this recipe for vegan Black Bean S’mores Brownies!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Has aesthetic appeal
Packed with protein
No vegan eggs or other complex ingredients needed
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 or 4 large
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 can black beans (1 1/2 cups rinsed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 2tbsp almond milk (optional if too dry and processor needs a boost)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coffee grounds (optional)
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Lily's Sweets vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the brownie filling in a food processor. Blend until smooth, add the almond milk to smooth things out.
- Add parchment paper to the baking dish for easy removal. Begin layering in the toppings and batter and finish with graham cracker dust, marshmallows, and chocolate chips!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean! Place in the fridge for an hour if they are not firm enough.