Vegan S’mores Wontons
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
While I’m not a huge chocolate person, I love S’mores! Other things I just can’t get enough of are..
I find the they are a great addition to many dishes whether steamed, baked, or fried, they add texture and take drab eats to fab eats!! Also, they are super cheap!! (but vegan options are hard to find)
This concept came to light while I was in my wonton phase, and well now, let’s just say.. I’ll forever be in a wonton phase lol.
If you love s’mores anything, chocolate, or simply fun concepts that don’t disappoint..
You have to try this recipe for vegan S’mores Wontons!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be baked or fried
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup miniature My Dandies vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 wonton wrapper
- 4 vegan graham crackers, processed into fine crumbs
- 3/4 cup Lili's vegan chocolate chips
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- Heat a pot with vegetable oil for 5-7 minutes. Should sizzle when you throw a piece of wonton wrapper. Assemble the wontons by laying them out and placing chocolate, graham cracker dust, and marshmallows in the center of one. The ratio is up to you, but it only fits so much and the marshmallow will reduce in size, a lot!. Top with an additional pieces and seal the edges with water. Lay each out so that they are ready to go as it can be time consuming and leaving them to stand for a few minutes helps them seal better.
- Lay out a cooling rack topped with a paper towel to absorb excess oil. When ready throw in one wonton at a time. They should cook and become light brown within seconds! Set aside to cool, but serve immediately. Top with chocolate sauce and or graham cracker dust or if you're feeling very indulgent, vegan ice cream!
If you want a healthier alternative, take the wontons and bake them on 350 for 20minutes. You may have to broil the marshmallows separately first, but its something to be explored!