Vegan Peppermint Sugar Cookies
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I can’t believe Christmas is coming this week! It seems like we mentally prepare ourselves for this time of year a month out, so we can effortlessly take in all the memories.
What I love most about the holidays is connecting with friends and family, and of course.. cooking!
I find that it serves as a perfect opportunity for foodies to venture outside their cooking repertoire to discover new favorites and for those who rarely cook to get in the kitchen, explore, and connect with their food. While a lot of the holiday recipes I produced this year were somewhat outside the norm of what I would typically make, I loved each creation and will absolutely be revisiting them again.
One in particular, ..these buttery soft vegan Mint Sugar Cookies!
I don’t even know where to being when it comes to my infatuation with the fluffy sugar cookies. They are reminiscent of the soft kinds you would enjoy at the market, but a million times better and vegan through and through. I’ve been head over heels for this type of cookie as it stays from the normal over baked dry cookies and adds a lightness. If hard dry cookies give you nightmares, these will be your go to.
I’ve never been a “mint” person, but after I tried this cookies, I’m all about them!
What I love about these Peppermint Cookies is, …everything. They are light yet rich, have a light mint flavor, rich crumbly mint top, buttery soft icing, and a light airy sugar cookie to tie everything in. It’s vegan, easy, affordable, has great presentation and is the perf sweet bite for those who love mint inspired sweets!
If you’re looking for that perf Christmas cookie, you need to try my recipe for vegan Peppermint cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Perf for Christmas
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 large cookies
Buttery Soft & Fluffy Sugar Cookies!
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract (OR vanilla extract)
- ¼ cup finely crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour blend, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In bowl of stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Dough will thicken as you stir.
- Roll 2-tablespoon size scoops of dough into balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers to 1/2-inch thick. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, as cookies won't turn golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cookies have completely cooled, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl whip butter for 2-3 minutes (no less!) until very fluffy. Add cream cheese and mix well. Gradually mix in powdered sugar until completely combined. Mix in peppermint extract. Spread frosting over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes or peppermints. Store in airtight container.