Dragon Fruit Spring Rolls
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
For many people, rice paper is somewhat off-putting. Perhaps it’s the texture or the appearance altogether lol. However, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love working with rice paper!
I find it fun, affordable, and ultimately makes eating fruits & veggies more interesting!
This fab recipe came to “fruit-ion” (see what I did there) while craving something light, fruity, and visually appealing back in 2014. I was in the midst of a huge dragon fruit phase and boom..
The vegan Dragon Fruit Spring Rolls were born!
I love this recipe because, it’s fun, festive, affordable, kid friendly, can be packed with whatever you like, perf for any season, nutrient dense, and paired with my favorite coconut whip!
If you’re looking for a light festive dessert or simply love fruit, you’ll love this recipe for vegan Dragon Fruit Spring Rolls with coconut whip!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 5 to 6 large strawberries, sliced to 1/8 inch thin pieces
- 10 rice papers
- 4 cups water
- 1 packet dragon fruit
- 3 sprigs mint
- 3 sprigs basil
- 2 cans of coconut milk - refrigerated overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp dragon fruit
- To assemble the rolls: Fill a large bowl with water, add the dragon fruit, whisk to combine. Filter out the dragon fruit with a strainer. Submerge one of the rice papers in the water and allow to soak until rice paper has softened and is pliable, about 2 to 3 seconds. Carefully remove it with two hands and place it on a surface.. Place fruit mixture onto each roll with fresh mint or basil. (I find that whatever you put down first will show on the outside the most)
- To roll, fold the edge nearest to you over the filling, then fold sides towards center and roll until closed.
- Dragonfruit whip: Place only the solid coconut in the bowl of a standing mixer. Gradually add the other ingredients minus the dragon fruit, whip until smooth, add the dragon fruit and whip again for about 3 minutes, place in fridge until ready to be served.
- To serve, leave the rolls whole or cut in half, and serve with pink dragonfruit whip!