Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
I don’t know if it’s because I’m from the south or I just have an innate affinity for all things rhubarb..
but I love me some strawberry rhubarb, anything.
In all honesty this is the second cheesecake I’ve made in years and I wanted to take different approach. While I love cashew based desserts, I find that the texture isn’t as desirable, so I decided to use tofu!
While tofu gets a bad rap I find that it is wonderful in desserts, easy to work with, and both accessible and affordable.
What I love about this recipe is how effortless it is, the minimal ingredients, how affordable it is, the aesthetics, the flavor, the low sugar when compared to other recipes, the soft texture of the cheesecake, and how this concept is complete perfection for spring time!
If you love strawberry and rhubarb or simply fabulous vegan desserts that don’t disappoint.. you need to try this my recipe for vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake!
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for spring!
Non vegan approved!
Yields 8-10 slices
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 7-10 dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 package Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 1 package silken tofu (I used soft)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ cup flour
- 1 carton strawberries
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 can solid coconut or two cans coconut milk (refrigerated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a spring-form pan with parchment paper (optional)
- Crust: In a food processor, add the graham crackers, pulse until small crumbs remain. Add vegan butter, coconut sugar, pecans, dates and vanilla extract and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven
- Filling: In a food processor add the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, agave, vanilla extract, and pulse until smooth and creamy. With mixer on slow, slowly add the corn starch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a counter top for one hour.
- Make the rhubarb topping: In a large pan over medium heat add the sliced rhubarb and strawberries. Add 1/2 cup water, continue stirring for 3-5 minutes. Add the sugar and Add 1/2 cup water combine with cornstarch gradually while continuing to stir. Sugar will dissolve and its should become more of a sauce within 5-7 minutes. Set aside. Once cooled top the cooled cheesecake with the sauce and place in the fridge for 45 mins to 1hr. Top with coconut whip and serve.
- Coconut whip. Add the solid coconut to the bowl of a standing mixer. Whip until smooth. 3 mins. Add the vanilla extract and gradually add the powdered sugar ideally by sifting it in. Whip until smooth, set aside.