Vegan Baked Apple Stuffed French Toast
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I can’t recall if I’ve ever had stuffed french toast. Perhaps, once, and if I did it was well..
Fast forward to today, I love to have explore new breakfast concepts whether it be vegan quiche, waffles, french toast casseroles, pancakes etc..
So much that the idea of having plain ol’ pancakes or waffles just sounds well.. not “thrilling” anymore lol
Especially when you can make all sorts of fancy french toast recipes such as..
Baked Apple Stuffed French Toast!!
If you love an effortless french toast that sounds way fancy, love baked apples, or simply want to step up your brunch game..
You have to try this recipe for vegan Baked Apple Stuffed French Toast!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Vegan or non vegan you’ll fall in love
Eat Drink Shrink
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 loaf French Bread (if fresh, let it dry out for 24hours, will absorb more of the batter)
- 4 Follow Your Heart Vegan Eggs - mixed with 2 1/2 to 3 cups almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (soft)
- 1 tbsp Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
- 1 package Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 4 apples (peeled and sliced)
- 3 tbsp earth balance vegan butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- Peel and slice apples, add the other ingredients and place in a dutch oven or Ninja and roast overnight on low. Heat skillet or electric griddle to 325 to 350 degrees. Combine the apples with the other filling ingredients and set aside. (save some apples to use as a topping)
- Cut french bread into 2-3 inch wide slices. Then, with a paring knife, go back and cut halfway into each slice, in the center, creating a ‘pocket’ or insert a nice at each of the ends to open up the center, (both work) Fill the pockets with the apple mixture.
- In a bowl add the vegan eggs with almond milk, add the soft butter, cinnamon, coconut sugar and combine. When done stuffing each piece of bread, completely coat each piece in egg mixture. Make sure all sides are covered. Do all pieces before starting to fry.
- Put vegan butter or coconut oil on hot skillet and melt completely. Add all of the bread to the skillet and cook roughly about 3-6 minutes on each side, until it reaches a nice golden brown. You want to make sure the cream cheese mixture heats through.
- When done cooking, top with baked apples, butter/syrup and enjoy! (I found it so flavorful I didn't even use butter or syrup lol)