Hello & Happy Thursday!!
With Valentine’s Day approaching, visions of pink dragonfruit recipes fill my every thought lol
If you love a fruit that adds the perf shade of pink, you’ll love working with pink dragonfruit in recipes.
This recipe was inspired by the idea to create a fab vegan & chocolate marshmallow Vday treat that can be made on a stick to make enjoying effortless and mess free!
If you love something easy, fun, festive, and flavorful, you’ll love this recipe for Chocolate Dipped Pink Dragonfruit Marshmallow Hearts!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for Vday
- 1 package of Dandy vegan marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice crispy's
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance vegan butter
- 2 tbsp Better Body Foods coconut oil
- 1/2 packet defrosted Pitaya Plus Dragonfruit
- 6 plastic sticks (can buy on amazon)
- 1/2 package of Lily's vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 Large Heart Cookie Cutter
- In a medium size pan on medium heat add the butter and coconut oil. Once melted add the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combined. Add the pink dragonfruit and fold it in, until it takes on a pink hue throughout. Turn down heat to low and add the rice crispy. (make sure to keep stirring and not have the temp too high to prevent burning)
- Add the rice crispy's gradually until everything is covered with the mixture and it all binds together.
- Remove from heat, and begin to spread with a spoon onto a slightly greased pan, until its cooled and you can use your hands. Form to the thickness you desire and place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Once set, cut out the heart shapes with a cookie cutter, discard the scraps, wrap them up and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add the chips over medium heat. add a few tbs of almond milk and continue to stir. Keep stirring the chocolate to prevent burning and all the clubs are gone. Continue to add almond milk if the consistency becomes too thick.
- Prep the harts with inserting the sticks at the bottom making sure they are even. With a rubber spatula coat half of the hearts evenly with chocolate and coat with sprinkles. Set aside on a cooling rack, once all are prepped place in the fridge for ten minutes.