Vegan Baked Apples
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I’m a lover of all things cinnamon and apple so the concept of vegan Baked Apples was a no brainer.
Although from a distance this it sounds more like an arduous task and it’s only baked fruit, but I’m telling you..
It’s so easy and so good!
For those who are looking to explore vegan desserts with natural sugar and minimal added sugar, this recipe is for you!
Whether it’s the appearance, simplicity, or just how affordable this recipes is..
I’m hooked on Vegan Baked Apples and you will be too!
Why this recipe rocks:
Makes your home smell divine
Can be served with vegan ice cream for more flavor!
Great for kids
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 4 large red apples
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 4 tbsp vegan Earth Balance butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- First cut out apple core scoop out apple core
- 1 Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Rinse and dry the apples. Using a sharp paring knife or an apple corer, cut out the cores, leaving the bottom 1/2 inch of the apples intact. If using a paring knife, first cut out the stem area and then use a small metal spoon to scoop out the seeds. Cut the holes so that they are an inch or so wide.
- Filling: Place the brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, ground ginger, sea salt, chopped raisins, and chopped pecans in a small bowl and stir to combine. Put the hollowed out apples in a baking dish and stuff each apple with the sugar stuffing mixture. Place a dot of butter on top.
- Pour boiling water into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 to 45 minutes, until the apples are cooked through and tender, but not overcooked and mushy. When done, remove the apples from the oven and baste them with the juices from the pan.