Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I’ll be honest, when I heard about “Cake Pops” I figured it was just one of those new “it” concepts and that it wasn’t that great, perhaps a hassle, and in the end just not worth it.
Like most things that wind up being wonderful, I wait forever to embrace them (the iPhone/Instagram), but when I finally do.. all I can can think is “why did I wait so long?”
Although not an iPhone, this cake pop maker is not too far behind lol.
The wonderful part about this contraption is, it’s small, affordable, cuts baking time in half, easy to clean up, and is just so much fun to work!!
If you’re looking to break into the world of cake pops, you have to try this recipe!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great peanut butter flavor
Making cake pops is SO. FUN.
Great for kids
Cuts baking time in half
Great for those trying to eat less
Great for entertaining
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup Better Body Foods Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup earth balance butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups Lily's vegan chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Turn the cake pop maker on.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Make sure your salt measurement is accurate. Set aside. (Be sure there are no lumps)
- In a medium bowl or food processor, butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the almond milk, and Mix until smooth. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into 1-2 tbsp per mold, close the top, and cook for about 2-3 minutes. (about 2 tablespoons per cupcake liner). Once lightly brown, remove from the pop maker and place on a cooling rack.
- In a small pan over medium heat add the chocolate chips and continue to mix to prevent burning. Add almond milk and continue to cook until all is melted and is less thick. Once the right consistency turn on low. Place a pop stick in the middle of the cake pop and coat with chocolate. While still wet top with crushed peanuts and allow to fully cool.