Vegan Eggnog Coffee Cake
Hello & Happy Monday!
I haven’t had coffee cake in ages, but I of course got a craving and an idea to make a gluten free vegan version that has a holiday twist using vegan eggnog!
Coffee cake is one of those things that you either love it or hate it. Some find it too dry, too sweet, or that it just all around isn’t their cup of tea. I’m one of those people that loved it, but it can be somewhat on the dry side from what I recall.
In hopes to remove white flour from the majority of my recipes, I opted to test almond flour. From my experience I feel like I’m surprised more and more by what you can achieve with using almond flour.
Needless to say, you can make a fab coffee cake with it!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s a handful of ingredients, gluten free, easy, you can skip the icing to reduce added sugar, has aesthetic appeal, is the perf additional to a holiday brunch, and mirrors the classic non vegan version, but has a buttery soft texture!
If you love all things that pair with a cup of coffee or have an affinity for eggnog, you’ll love this recipe for vegan Eggnog Coffee Cake!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for Christmas brunch
Notes of eggnog
Can be made thicker if desired!
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1tbs follow your heart vegan egg powder combined w/ 1/3 cup room vegan egg nog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan eggnog (room temp)
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil (room temp)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 tbs vegan eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish or loaf pan and set aside.
- Stir together coconut oil, vegan egg, vanilla, maple syrup and vegan eggnog together in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 inch springform pan or an 8 inch for a thicker version.
- In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients, almond flour, coconut oil (soft), cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar
- Crumble the topping over the cake. Make an aluminum foil tent.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes. Remove tent after 20 minutes. Wait until the cake has completely cooled, then top with eggnog icing. (optional)