Vegan Ginger Snap Cookies
Hello & Happy Saturday!
The past two weeks I’ve been inundated with projects (nearly 20 scheduled) so there has been fewer posts this week! That being said, this Saturday cookie was much needed! If there is one cooking I’m completely enamored with, is Ginger Snaps! I of course haven’t had one in ages, but can recall eating countless Mi-Del ginger snaps once upon a time as the flavor profile is just different and fun. When brainstorming for the perf effortless holiday cookie, it went of like a lightbulb..
I have to make Ginger Snaps!
While I love this cookie, like any vegan concept, I was nervous if you could achieve a good results sans white flour, but you absolutely can! On a scale of 1-10, this cookie came out an 11 and far exceeded my expectations!
What I love about this cookie is, everything! It uses a handful of ingredients, Follow Your Heart vegan egg (I use it in everything!), almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut sugar, takes minutes to make and bake, can easily be made in bulk, is fun, festive, non vegan approved, and prob by fave holiday cookie on the block!
If you’re looking for that perf vegan Ginger Snap recipe, this is it!
Why this recipe rocks:
Less sugar than most cookie recipes
Can make them crispy or soft
Minimal baking time
Easily can be made in bulk
Great for holiday entertaining
Yields 8 large cookies 16 small cookies
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg Powder combined w/1/4 cup almond milk at room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar and more for dusting the cookies
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Combine flours, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to remove any clumps.
- In another bowl combine the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, vegan egg, molasses, coconut oil, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to firm up.
- In a small bowl place 1/2 cup coconut sugar. Scoop the dough into balls (1tbs for thinner and 2 tbsp for thicker like mine). Roll the balls in the coconut sugar and place on a baking sheet. Lightly press down to flatten them and bake until golden, 13-15 minutes. Rotate halfway through and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.