Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t all on the matcha train until late in the game. I never drink coffee or go to a “Starbucks” and if anything I just have juice in the morning.
However nearly a year ago I experience matcha and was instantly sold. The flavor profile of green tea in recipes is wonderful as it adds a lightness that’s wonderful and is perfection when paired with a tart fruit! I’ve done a Crepe Cake, Crepes, Cookies, Popsicles, and Cinnamon Rolls !
I decided to explore a cheesecake recipe as I sadly gave up on creating vegan versions as I wasn’t quite impressed with the results. With a little practice though, I mastered the perfect texture that mirrors that of real cheesecake!
What I love about this recipe is that it involves minimal ingredients, minimal sugar, sugar derived natural from fruit, easy to follow directions, great aesthetic appeal, bold colors, a light whipped texture, and is non vegan approved!!
Whether you’re a matcha person who loves light desserts or the complete opposite, you’ll love this recipe for vegan Matcha Cheesecake!
Want to see this cheesecake in action?!
Watch the clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for spring time
Non vegan approved
Yields 8-10 slices
20 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 7-10 dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 package Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 2 package silken tofu (I used soft)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tbsp Matcha powder (you can use one if you prefer, I just love the rich color and flavor)
- 1 small carton raspberries
- 1 can solid coconut or two cans of coconut milk chilled in fridge overnight
- 1 tbsp matcha powder (more for topping)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a spring-form pan with parchment paper (optional)
- Crust: In a food processor, add the graham crackers, pulse until small crumbs remain. Add vegan butter, coconut sugar, pecans, dates and vanilla extract and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven
- Filling: In a food processor add the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, agave, vanilla extract, matcha powder and pulse until smooth and creamy. With mixer on slow, slowly add the corn starch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a counter top for one hour.
- Make the match whip topping:In the bowl of a standing mixer add the solid coconut and whip until smooth. Sift in the powdered sugar and matcha, add the vanilla, and set aside to chill
- To assemble top with coconut whip, sifted matcha powder, fresh raspberries, and chip for 45 mints to firm up or if desired eat immediately!