Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
If there is one concept I’m forever enamored with, it’s vegan danishes! Since I discovered that ready made pastry dough is actually vegan, I’ve been on a mission to explore everything you can do with it and the options are endless! While I don’t push any store bought product as I make everything from scratch, I love the idea that I can go to the market and pick up a pack to create effortless sweets such as this Pumpkin cream Cheese Danish!
What’s fab about danishes, is that they sound fancy, look fancy, but are honestly one of the easiest concepts I can think of!
What I love about this particular danish is, everything! It’s easy, affordable, packs tons of pumpkin flavor, cream cheesy, topped with pecans, you can candy them for more flavor, great for entertaining, perf for fall and can be made in minutes!
If you love effortless vegan concepts and all things pumpkin, then you have to check out these vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish’s!
Why this recipe rocks:
Pumpkin Candied Pecans
Perf for fall
Perf for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 5 danish's per sheet
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- frozen vegan pastry dough
- 1 cup pumpkin filling
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbs Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, cold
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375. Allow the pastry dough thaw out.
- Make the filling: in large bowl combine the ingredients, removing any lumps from the corn starch.
- Sprinkled the thawed out dough lightly with flour. Roll dough to make the square even and a little larger. With a pizza cutter create long strips. Connect the ends of two strips together and press. Twist the strips from the middle going outward and create a circle with them use one of the strips to create a bottom. They don't have to be sealed together. they will come together when you bake.
- Fill the dough in the center with the pumpkin filling and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Combine the icing ingredients and drizzle over the slightly cooled danish's and top with toasted pecans.