Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Since its FRI-DAY, I thought I would share my latest easy peasy vegan dessert recipe with you!
I’ve never been a marshmallow person or a rice crispy treat person either, but..TRUTH
I totally was a kellogg’s Rice Crispy Treat Cereal fan as a kid.. (so. gross. lol)
As I’m wrapping up my first Dessert e-book featuring over 40 various recipes of vegan amazingness I thought I would explore your basic Vegan Rice Crispy Treat for some inspiration for fancier versions!
If you love something sweet, easy, that doesn’t break the bank, and doesn’t taste like anything “Vegan”, these will be a HUGE hit in your home.
No matter how you like your crispy treat, a freshly made dairy free option with only 4 ingredients tops them all.. I promise
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-12 squares
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 cups Rice Cereal
- 8 cups Vegan Marshmallows (1 1/2 bags)
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- In a medium size pan on medium heat add the vegan butter. Once melted at the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combine. (make sure to keep stirring and not have the temp up to high to prevent burning and treats being too hard)
- Once ready being to gradually add the rice crispy's until everything is covered with the mixture and it all binds together.
- Remove from heat, and begin to spread with a spoon onto a slightly greased pan, until its cooled and you can use your hands.
- Once you have the formation and thickness you desire, make the slices for the shape! Serve immediately and store away so they don't dry out and harden as fast!