Vegan Almond Flour S’mores Cookies
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
There are some concepts that are just nostalgic for fall and of course camping, and it’s s’mores! One of the first recipes I ever produced back in 2014, was actually s’mores. That being said, I wanted to revisit this nostalgic concept, but put a healthier twist on them..
and the almond flour S’mores Cookies were born!
Although I’ve been cooking full time for a few years now, I don’t work with almond flour enough. While it’s a healthier alternative to typical white flour, it can be an obstacle to find for some people making it not a practical ingredient, expensive, and sometimes the recipes just don’t work. While many fail, you can rest assure, this one absolutely worked!
What’s fab about this cookie, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, gluten free, flourless, packed with dark chocolate, vegan marshmallows, graham crackers, has texture, can easily be made in bulk, perf for any season, have aesthetic appeal, and is non vegan approved!!
If you’re wanting to break into the world of almond flour cookies or simply love all things s’mores, you have to try these vegan S’mores Cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
NON VEGAN APPROVED
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 med large, 16 small
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (used bobs)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crush graham cracker pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar. Add the vanilla and mashed banana, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows and graham cracker pieces.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then place on a cookie sheet to firm up. If they are not as firm as you like simply pop in the oven at 200 degree on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are baked.