Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one flavor profile I love, it’s cinnamon!
From pies to cookies, ice cream and anything you can image, I love it all. More than chocolate or fruit etc
Sadly, I have never made a Snickerdoodle! I feel that it’s one of those cookie concepts that’s overlooked and forgotten about. It wasn’t until the past 10 years that there was a Snickerdoodle slice and bake cookie option.
When wanting to recreate this classic cookie I thought it would be wonderful to create a more dense cookie and utilize whole wheat flour. I don’t typically cook with wheat flour, but for some recipes it just works!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s effortless, a handful of accessible affordable ingredients, takes 10 minutes to bake, can easily be made in bulk, scream holidays, has minimal sugar (most recipes call for 1 1/2 cups sugar), buttery soft, and non vegan approved!!
If you’r searching for that perf holiday cookie that will resonate with everyone, you need my recipe for vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies!!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Handful of ingredients
Can easily be made in bulk
Yields 8 large cookies 12 small cookies
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder (combine with 1/4 cup almond)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add the vegan eggs. In a separate bowl combine the white flour, whole wheat flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Gradually add the flour to the wet ingredients until combined. If too dry add a dash of almond milk. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.