Vegan Soft Bake Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Hello & Happy Saturday!
While I typically don’t feature recipes on this day, I got many requests from readers for this one yesterday! This concept has been on my bucket list for a long time. Like many recipes though, I forget and then I’m onto the next thing (foodie ADD) lol.
What’s really strange is that I’m familiar with Mexican Hot Chocolate concepts, but there strangely isn’t a lot of sample recipes online and they are somewhat non existent in the realm of vegan options.
Even if you don’t have a thing for spice, adding a bit of heat really offers an unmatched dimension of flavor when paired with chocolate and is just a game changer.
What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s effortless, takes minimal times, doesn’t involve the traditional butter in most cookies, the texture is light, fluffy, flavorful, uses banana for moisture, and has that unforgettable bit of heat at the end!
If you love spice or all things chocolate, this recipe for vegan Soft Bake Mexican Chocolate Cookies will be your new best friend!
Why this recipe rocks:
No butter used
Packs a hint of heat
Great for entertaining!
Yields 8-10 large cookies
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups coco powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup banana
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup vegan Lily's vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, coco powder, cinnamon and cayenne in one bowl.
- In a larger bowl combine the coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and mashed banana.
- Add the dry to wet in increments. combining between each addition. If needed, at in almond milk 1 tbsp at a time. While wet and combine, fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Form into balls and bake for 15 minutes or until cookies start to crack and spread. Remove from oven and allow to cool while on the pan for 10-15 mins. Cookies will be slightly soft, but will set while still on the baking sheet.