Vegan White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there is one thing I love for the holidays, it’s effortless desserts! Especially those that look very involved and meticulous, but underneath it all are so easy! Believe it or not, cookie dough balls or truffles are some of the easiest concepts to throw together and they are always a win win. Since I had not done a cookie dough concept in a while I was on the move to figure out one that would be perfect for Christmas, and the Vegan white chocolate peppermint cookie dough balls were born!
Homemade cookie dough gets a bad rap for being very sweet, processed, containing eggs, and just not an overall healthy choice. However, today you can make a variety of vegan cookie dough recipes with using just a handful of ingredients with the base being almond flour versus the traditional white. What’s also great is that if you don’t want to use the standard maple syrup you can mix up the sweetener with sugar alternatives to make the sugar content even lower.
What’s wonderful about this recipe is that it’s quick, easy, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, has aesthetic appeal, notes of mint, is gluten-free, packs healthy fats and protein through the almond flour, and is perfect for Christmas!
If you love effortless festive desserts, you’re going to love these vegan White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough Balls!!
Why this recipe is great:
Great for entertaining
Great breath freshener
Perfect for Christmas
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
1 minCook Time
11 minTotal Time
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (equals 1/3 cup maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermints
- Place the coconut oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat until melted.Using a fork or whisk, mix in the stevia, vanilla, and kosher salt.Add the almond flour, mixing it in with a fork and then lightly kneading the dough with your hands until smooth.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.Place the dough in the freezer for 5 minutes to help it set and make it easier to work with.
- Divide the cookie dough into 6-12 pieces. Using your hands, shape each part into a smooth ball.
- The dough will be oily and sticky, but not impossible to work with.Add the remaining white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave save bowl. Heat for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted and combined.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the white chocolate and then place on parchment paper.
- Top with an additional coating of white chocolate if needed. Sprinkle crushed peppermints while still wet. Allow to set. Enjoy!