Vegan Peach & Blueberry Galette
Hello & Happy Thursday!
If there is one dessert I new foresaw myself making..
It’s a galette!
The name along makes me think, complicated, don’t go there, exhausting, and the list goes on lol.. However, come to find out, while some pro foodies may cringe at my opinion, it really is just a more rustic looking open face pie lol
If you find pies to be very detailed and tedious, then you may want to approach making a galette as your go to!
What I love about this dish is that its effortless, has minimal ingredients, low sugar with most being derived from the fruit, any fruit can be used, the thyme makes the dish more intricate, its less structured than a pie, but gorgeous! Perfect for a shared dessert during any season, and non vegan approved!
If you’re looking to make yourself look like a vegan iron chef, you need to try my recipe for a classic vegan Peach & Blueberry Galette!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Can modify and use whichever fruit you like
Non vegan approved
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch the tutorial above!!
1 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 cup vegan butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water or almond milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs thyme
- course sugar, for sprinkling
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil
- To make the pie crust, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the vegan butter and combine the ingredients with hands. Add water or almond milk gradually (1tbsp at a time) to achieve a desired consistency. The mixture should be a little on the dry sideAs the dough begins to stick together, form a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap, place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- To make the galette, preheat oven to 400 degrees grease a pan and dust with flour.
- Add the fruit to a large bowl. Top with sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and corn starch. Roll out dough onto a flowered surface. Using a large bowl cut a circle. Use the scraps and add them to the middle, roll out the circle again. It doesn’t need to be exact or even. Move the dough to the baking pan and begin to fold the edges of the galette. Once complete being to spoon the fruit mixture into the center and fold the dough up and over the filling even more. Add a few tbsp of juice from the fruit, but don't overdo it as it can become soggy. Brush with the dough with the melted coconut oil and sprinkle with the sanding sugar.
- Preheat oven to 425. Place the galette on the prepared pan and bake until crust is golden and the filling is bubbling, about 25-35 minutes, rotating the sheet pans halfway through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with vegan ice cream and fresh thyme.