Vegan Watermelon Cupcakes
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I typically share recipes first via social media then roll out a recipe a sometimes two week later. However, this one is just too good to not share asap!
Whether fall or winter, spring or summer, I love all things watermelon! Since summer is coming to a close I felt it was the perfect time to feature some last minute watermelon concepts!
What I enjoy about this recipe is that it has minimal ingredients, great aesthetic appeal, uses stevia in the cupcake, has a hint of watermelon, dark chocolate, and is non vegan approved!
While some of these ingredients may be harder to get and you could perhaps substitute them with more accessible alternatives, I find them wonderful to work with and all can be used in a variety of recipes! (pink dragonfruit, green food coloring, watermelon stevia)
Looking to get your hands on some Watermelon Stevia or some Pink Dragonfruit?! Huge giveaway on EDS IG!!
I really love the Hybrid Herbs powdered pink dragonfruit as it can more easily be used in recipes without over enhancing the moisture content and ruining recipes. In addition to being a better match to bake with its more portatnly, less messy, and more affordable to ship versus the frozen alternative.
If you’re looking for a classic festive vegan summer cupcake that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my vegan Watermelon Cupcakes!!
We are a family run company who have a huge passion for High Quality Medicinal Mushrooms and Tonic Herbs. After many years exploring the world and understanding the true value that these wonderful herbs bring, we decided to create a collection that we could offer directly to you. We started by offering raw, whole Medicinal Mushrooms and Tonic Herbs at local fairs and events, but found that a lot of people simply did not have the time or expertise to truly reap their benefits by spending countless hours boiling and properly preparing them.
We decided to offer pre-prepared, pre-formulated extract powders that could be taken instantly. Without any further preparation or specialised knowledge needed. We loved the idea of having products you could throw in with a smoothie or herbal tea in the full knowledge that the herb had been prepared correctly according to traditional methods. And thus, Hybrid Herbs was born.
Dragon Fruit Pitaya Freeze-Dried Extract Powder
100 Grams – Packed In Beautiful Miron Violet Glass
We are delighted to provide one of the first freeze-dried dragon fruit powders on the market. With its vibrant pink color and sweet, delicious taste, this potent superfood will instantly transform your smoothies, juices, and desserts.
Our dragon fruit pitaya powder is 100% natural, and of the highest quality. The product is freeze-dried to preserve its color and bioavailability, and it is available in Miron violet glass to maintain its nutritional content and freshness.
What are the Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit (Pitaya)?
Dragon fruit is packed full of nutrition as it is rich in B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and omega 3s. Not only will it beautify your culinary creations, but it can also help to support the immune system, aid digestion, and boost energy levels.
How Do I Use Dragon Fruit Powder?
Use our dragon fruit powder to create your own bright pink smoothie bowls, ice creams, delicious sweet treats, juices, and smoothies. You can also sprinkle the powder onto your favorite foods or drinks, or even eat it straight off the spoon! Just add about 1 teaspoon (2 grams) and enjoy.
Why this recipe rocks:
All natural food coloring!
Only stevia in the cupcakes!
Non vegan approved
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup room temp almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops vanilla stevia
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Lily's vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp green Color Garden natural food coloring
- 1 cup vegan earth balance butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Watermelon flavored stevia
- 1 tbsp Hybrid Herbs Pink Dragonfruit powder
- Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the cupcake pan with liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond milk and vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the stevia, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Whisk together until foamy. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Add the wet to dry, and whisk together until no lumps remain. Divide the mixture evenly between the 8-10 cupcake liners. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until done in the center. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Beat the vegan butter medium speed until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Start your mixer on low until the powdered sugar is just combined, then increase the speed to medium. Add the vanilla, watermelon stevia, and pink dragonfruit. Beat for another 5-7 minutes on medium high, or until fluffy. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and top with vegan chocolate chips
Can use spinach for a green color and beets for the pink icing as an alternative!