Vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Hello & Happy Thursday!
In all honesty, I’m not a cookie person. Or well, I’m a very particular cookie person as I like only certain flavors and a texture that has to be buttery soft.
I think perhaps it’s because my mother always over-baked her cookies, almost to the point of burning them and they were always chocolate chip! Fast foward to 2016, I only love ultra soft baked cookies.
These White Chocolate Chip Cookies came to fruition while craving my usual white chocolate and a last minute -summer recipe! My approach to most cookies is to make them packed with fruit and have multiple flavors and textures. I hit the nail on the head when I created these vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
What I love about these cookies.. is everything. Everything and then some! They are buttery soft, packed with white chocolate, mango, coconut, and my favorite.. macadamia nuts! The chocolate adds a richness, the mango a tanginess, the coconut more texture and a hint of sweetness, and the macadamia nuts give texture and a savoriness. All these components together make for most perfect vegan cookie on the block.
If you’re looking for that perf summer inspired cookie that will make you feel as though you’re sunbathing on a beach..
You have to try my recipe for vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tastes like summer
Soft like buttah
Great aesthetic appeal
No processed sugar
Yields 8 cookies
25 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
37 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted Earth Balance vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder - combined with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried mango
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat vegan butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Combine vegan egg with almond milk, add vanilla extract, and almond extract. Add flour mixture, mixing until completely combined. Stir in white chocolate chips, dried coconut and mango, macadamia nuts until evenly distributed (you can do this by hand or with the stand mixer).
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of dough into a ball. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are very slightly browned. The cookies will not look cooked in the center, but they will finish cooking while cooling on cookie sheet! Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.