White Chocolate Pistachio Cookie Skillet
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Believe it or not, when I was growing up, pistachio ice cream was my least favorite, however it was alway in our fridge.
Fast forward to today, I love recipes with pistachios!
While pistachios are typically in chocolate concepts, I was craving a pistachio and white chocolate sugar cookie! Instead of playing it safe, that one cookie snowballed into a cookie skillet, topped with ice cream, and a cherry sauce lol. If you don’t know, pistachios pair seamlessly with cherry anything!
Why I love cookie skillets..
They are easy, cook faster, have more flavor, great presentation, are fun to enjoy, and just a fun variation to the classic cookie
I love this recipe as it has everything above, a slight savoriness with the pistachios, a tartness with the cherry, and ice cream that just ties it all in together.
How I’d describe it: An effortless recipe that makes you look like you have a black belt in fab desserts!
If you’re looking to break away from the standard cookie concepts, you need to try my recipe for a vegan White Chocolate Pistachio Cookie Skillet !!
Don’t believe how easy it is?!
Watch this clip
Why this recipe rocks:
Slightly savory and tart
Non vegan approved
Yields 4-6 servings
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart egg powder mixed with 1/2 almond milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp natural green food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 pistachios
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 tsp corn starch or arrowroot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a skillet with coconut oil. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in the vegan egg combine with almond milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until combined. Add the food coloring.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every now and again. Add a Tbsp. or two of almond milk to loosen the texture if needed. Fold in the white chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Layer into the skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes. The cookie should be soft in the middle and slightly pulling away from the sides. Allow to cool and top with cherry sauce and crushed pistachios.
- Cherry sauce: Combine the cherry juice with corn starch or arrow root, removing any clumps. Cook over medium heat, continuously stirring, and thickens. 5-7 mins.